Rituals and crafts for comfort, belonging & liberation
More about me
I’m Yarrow (they/them), a queer celebrant and craftsperson living on the East coast of Scotland.
I support folks in reconnecting with their creativity & spirituality through my podcast, groups and writing.
In my practice I value permission to be slow, sensuality, sustainability and togetherness that embraces all beings as they are.
Recently my curiosity about mythology, landscape and belonging, embodiment and regeneration has led me to start studying culture & heritage with the University of the Highlands & Islands.
In the coming years I am hoping to build my studio practice and to further explore printmaking, embroidery, weaving and quiltmaking as a way to build community resilience and bring a little more beauty and comfort into the world.
I’m excited to share my questions and findings with the groups I facilitate and to help folks find new ways of making meaning.
Inspiration and qualifications
I value both formal and informal learning and feel that the most inspiring things I’ve discovered have been found in really unusual spaces. I am listing my qualifications here because I want to name and honour my teachers and be transparent about my background.
- MA in creative media from the University of Brighton and a BA combining mythology, philosophy & creative writing from the Open University.
- Celebrancy training with the OBOD
- Death midwife training at the University of Vermont
- Movement for trauma training level one with Jane Clapp
- Healing Sexual Trauma: A Professional Training in Trauma-Informed Care with the Breathe Network
- Breathwork facilitator training level 1, 2 & 3 with David Elliot, 200 hr yoga teacher training with the Sivananda school, yoga therapy training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and a thai yoga massage training at the Mudita school with Ralf Marzen
- Tarot and ritual classes with Alexis Cunningfolk, Beth Maiden, Sarah Kerr, Lara Veleda Vesta, Nancy Antenucci & Asia Suler
I’m deeply grateful for many other educators who have inspired my work, for example adrienne maree brown, Starhawk, Francis Weller, Joana Macy, Alexis Cunningfolk, Pixie Lighthorse, Julia Cameron, Natalie Goldberg, Jennifer Patterson, Silvia Frederici, Anni Albers and Clarissa Pinkola Estes.
Scope of practice
I support people in finding ritual practices and creative expressions that support them in making sense of life, in better understanding themselves and in finding a sense of purpose and belonging. I am not a therapist or a medical professional and as such I don’t diagnose or treat people. I’m continuously learning about ways in which I can make the spaces I facilitate more trauma informed and inclusive and I am always open for constructive feedback. I ask that people who join my programs or work with me individually only commit to what feels right to them and what they are ready for and to consult with a medical professional if they are unsure. In my programs you wont encounter gendered language and you’ll always be given different options to customise your experience to what best serves you.
Sign up for love notes & my free Slow Ritual course
You’ll hear from me about once a month when I share new episodes and ideas
and you’ll also get access to my three part audio course called Slow Ritual.
“The doors to the wild self are few but precious. If you have a deep scar, that is a door, if you have an old, old story, that is a door. If you love the sky and the water so much you almost cannot bear it, that is a door. If you yearn for a deeper life, a full life, a sane life, that is a door.”
– Clarissa Pinkola Estès