My name is Yarrow, I’m an artist and writer living on the East coast of Scotland.
I host creative spaces & rituals, research radical textile histories and make beautiful things from reclaimed materials.
Would you rather listen to the about section?
Rituals have always been very important to me. I love living a slow life, enjoying the beauty of queer domesticity and indulging in small pleasures like quilting by hand. In the last few years rehabilitation after an accident and the deep solitude of lockdowns have led me to a much more committed movement and creativity practice. I’m not interested in “going back to normal” post lockdowns and much prefer to dream of new ways of being in the world.
My lived experience of chronic pain & disability has helped me to develop deep reverence for creative resilience and meaningful integration. I am curious about how our stories live in our bodies and how these stories can lead to liberation. For me there is something about mending and reclaiming materials that illuminates this strange and beautiful process of re-imagination. I love encountering the divine through improvisation and play.
In my work as a facilitator I’m excited to share accessible movement and creative practices within a trauma informed, queer and trans affirming framework.
And in my practice as an artist I am weaving all these things together to make soft spells for hard times.
Background, inspiration & qualifications
- MA in creative media from the University of Brighton
- BA combining mythology, philosophy & creative writing from the Open University
- Currently enrolled – BA in culture & heritage at the University of the Highlands & Islands
Movement, bodywork & ritual
- Pilates teacher training with APPI – ongoing
- Healing Sexual Trauma: A Professional Training in Trauma-Informed Care with the Breathe Network and movement for trauma training level one with Jane Clapp
- Breathwork facilitator training level 1, 2 & 3 with David Elliot
- 200 hr yoga teacher training with the Sivananda school, yoga therapy training with Uma Dinsmore-Tuli and a thai yoga massage training at the Mudita school with Ralf Marzen
- Life celebrancy training with the OBOD & death midwife training at the University of Vermont
I also owe deep graditute for education and inspiration to Lara Veleda Vesta, Alexis Cunningfolk, adriene maree brown, Zak Foster, Heidi Parkes, Nancy Antenucci, Clarissa Pinkola Estés, Marissa Correia, Eliza Swan, Dori Midnight, the Gee’s Bend quilters, Sherri Lynn Wood, Melissa Word, Danette Relic, Christi Johnson, Anni Albers, Franesca Woodman, Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha, Claire Wellesley-Smith, the landscapes of East Scotland and many others.
As seen in
Making Conversation podcast // Speaking from the body podcast // Weave podcast// Living Open podcast// Wild Elixir podcast // Holistic Business podcast // Open Magic podcast // Home-Body podcast // The Sacred Wheel podcast // Moontent podcast // Sex Magic Society blog // Grow from centre podcast // The Snort & Cackle podcast// Quietly Extraordinary Blog // Gentle Business Revolution podcast // Brand Distillers podcast // Grow from centre podcast // Daily Business Coach podcast // Design your business podcast //