Friends, this is such a wonderful and special episode – in fact, it’s a grumpisode!
I have long admired Sarah Chappell’s wonderful sense of humour and her ability to embrace the whole range of human emotions, which is exactly what we did for this episode. We grumped away about stuff that bothers us, got a bit snarky and let it all out – in the hope that you might feel less alone. We felt a bit shy in the end and felt a gentle urge to say that we are also happy, grateful people sometimes, which was really interesting and, in my humble opinion, shows that we all need more permission to grump sometimes. So if you needed a permission slip, this is it!
Here is what we talked about:
- Embracing the whole range of human emotions
- Being grumpy about having no one as a sickness back up when you are working for yourself
- Being grumpy about diet culture
- Being grumpy about social media changing all the time and loosing “exposure”
- Being grumpy about all the hard work we have to put in before creative work becomes sustainable
- Life being hard but amazing
- Wanting a stable, not overpriced forever home
- Our favorite self-care practices for grumpy times
- “Work/Life Balance”, scaling a small business and trying to not constantly work
Sarah M. Chappell is an intuitive counselor and herbalist based in Asheville, North Carolina specializing in addiction and mental health. She draws on her study of tarot, flower and stone essences, herbal medicine, and reiki to help clients unravel their stories, create lasting shifts, and heal themselves. Sarah is the host of So You Wanna Be A Witch, the podcast for soul-centered entrepreneurs and the people who love them. You can find Sarah on the internet at sarahmchappell.com, and follow her on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
If you love the Daydreaming Wolves podcast you can become a Patron to support the show and receive access to the Magic of Embodiment program as well as business, design and branding DIY courses: www.patreon.com/daydreamingwolves You are also invited to sign up for free upcoming webinars as well as courses on both business and magic here: yarrowdigital.com/free-webinars/
Listen to the Creative Rituals podcast on
If you enjoy listening, please consider joining our Patreon community Stitching Together - we get together to make, mend & write and to explore needlework and other crafts as a source of connection and wellbeing. You’ll receive monthly skillshares and project ideas and can craft along on our three monthly Zoom calls.
You're also welcome to join my Substack - I share new episodes & creative resources and offer free monthly Spark Sessions.